Monday, March 28, 2011

Western Digital Drive Not Recognized!?

I have a Western Digital Mirror 2TB external drive, Raid 1. I am using Windows 7 Pro. I am connecting it via a 1 foot mini-USB cable. When I connect the drive, the blue light comes on, I hear the fan making noise, and I hear clicks from both the computer and the external. After ten seconds, the Western Digital Drive Manager (with the latest update) pops up in my system tray. If I click Start and look under Devices and Printers, the My Book device will appear after a few seconds as well. However, the drive doesn't appear on My Computer, and the shortcut on my desktop isn't connected either. I've heard about going into the Registry and deleting the UpperFilters and LowerFilters, but that didn't work either. I have tried 3 different mini-usb cables, and 3 different ports in different locations (front and back) of the tower. Any advice on what is wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment