Tuesday, March 29, 2011

We're Having A Renovation Done In Our House And The Builders Need To Get Up To The Attic. But I Have A Problem?

My parents decided they wanted to have renovations done on our living room. That didn't bother me, it's their house, they can do what they want. The builders have been here for about two weeks and have built a couple things like some shelves, a door, a window, and stuff like that. The problem I have is, they're going to be working in the attic, and the only way up to the attic is through this ladder that is hidden in the ceiling and is accessed by pulling on a cord. No problem there. The builders need to bring these boards that are 14 feet long up this ladder and into the attic. Now the real problem is, that the only way to get these 14 foot long boards up this ladder is through my bedroom (because my door is directly across from this ladder). I happen to be a very, insanely private person, and I spend A LOT of time in my room. However, my mom talked to me a couple of hours ago and told me that they were going to be doing this really early in the morning. She told me that she was going to wake me up before she went to work, and I would be able to go hang out in her room. She said I could bring my laptop or whatever I needed until the guys left. But what I don't understand is, how long could it possibly take to bring some boards up a ladder? And also, why the frick would I care if they were in my room or not? It's not like THEY want or need privacy. I told my mom that I honestly didn't give a crap if they were in here and my mom was like I don't think the men wanna be looking at you when they're in there. And I was like they've got nothing to look at, I'll be sleeping. I'm a very heavy sleeper when it comes to noise. I was planning on writing my mom a note and leaving it for her in the bathroom, but I don't know if I should. Should I just stick with this whole idea, let my mom wake me up and all this crap? Or should I stick with my idea, and sleep through this whole thing ('cause really, it's not like the builders have anything to look at. I'm not wearing any revealing pajamas, and I don't have any revealing posters or anything. And I would be asleep. So honestly, I don't see anything wrong with just staying here)? Please help ASAP, and PLEASE absolutely NO STUPID ANSWERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment