Sunday, April 3, 2011

Is my parenting skills to lazy.?

Hi , I am a mother to a daughter who is 13 years old. My daughter never had any chores and does not pick up after her self , Do you think I should give her more responsibility. I don't think she understands the value of money as I buy her everything she wants without her earning it. I dont want her to rebel and I love her so I want her to stay with me but am I allowing to much freedom? Is my parenting skills too laid back. My daughter never picked up the duster or mop and when I ask her to do something she says no. When I was her age I had strict parents that gave me no freedom and I had to do chores , I never went out with my friends without adult supervision, however my daughter is allowed to go out with her friends and I am not strict on her. Her curfew is at 9:30 and she is not allowed out no later than that. I clean her room because when I do tell her to she just shovs it under the bed and in corners , I make her breakfast in the morning and give it to her. What do you all think , am I too kind and a bit of a pushover or am I doing allright?

No comments:

Post a Comment